Saturday, September 11, 2010

Where'd the time go?

I can't believe it is already Saturday again, let alone the fact that we're into the 2nd week in September! Ridiculous! I haven't been able to blog much this week because we have been going non-stop! Steve's friend stayed with us a few days last week (and surprisingly he did find an apartment in Memphis and got to move into it the next day!). The day his friend left, Steve's parents arrived. We had a delightful time with them filled with a nature park walk, tours of Jackson, and tv shopping.

That is correct, we bought a new tv! Steve kept telling me we wouldn't get one until Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) so he could get a great deal. However, our little 19" tv was not going to do Doug's football games justice, so he convinced Steve to get a new tv during their visit. Thanks Doug!!!! I think his convincing also helped with the fact that Dough & Trish went in halvsies on the tv. I can't thank them enough (not just for the tv) but for everything they've done for Steve and I. They drove almost 20 hours to bring me a car, helped buy the tv, and continually pour love and encouragement on Steve and I. What a blessing they are to us!

They left Tuesday morning, bright and early. They were supposed to have a short flight from the Jackson airport (it's a regional airport that just offers a couple of flights to St. Louis and Nashville) to Nashville. However, they discovered that they're lay-over time was not enough to get them off the little plane, through security, and to their gate in Nashville. So instead, I rode with them to Nashville (I slept since we had to leave at 4:30 in the morning, thanks again Doug!), dropped them off, and then I drove back to Jackson (about 2 hours). Since they could drive nearly 20 hours to bring me the car, it was no problem to wake up early to take them to the airport.

Their time with us flew by all too fast. But luckily, the holidays are right around the corner and we'll be able to see them again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment