Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy Week!

Over the weekend, we had the honor to host friends of our's from Purdue for an evening! Mitch surprised his wife Alice by taking her to a TN football game and staying a night at our house on their way home. We had a delightful time with them and it went by all too fast! We took them to our favorite BBQ joint and to our local tourist trap -- Casey Jones Village. We walked around the old country store and played with various chotsky.

The weather as finally cooled off some. In fact, we've turned off our air, and I just keep the windows open (plus we have a ceiling fan in each room, but I don't use them much). So on Monday, I pulled out my fall clothes. It was like Christmas came early! I always forget what clothes I have, so when it's time to pull out a new season's clothes its like I just went shopping.

Yesterday, I got a callback for substituting. I had to go into the central office, finish paper work, go take a drug test, and go get a background check/finger printing. After driving all over in order to complete my new job needs, I decided to celebrate with a trip to Target. Where is Sarah Cardinal when you need her? I had to browse the clearance racks alone. But I came out with a cheap new bathing suit for next year, and a few new shirts. New shoes at Walmart complete my needs for new clothes to teach in (okay, more like wants than needs).

Now I am awaiting a phone call stating that all the paperwork and testing went through and I will be on the official Jackson-Madison County School Substitute List. . . .

1 comment:

  1. well i suppose you'll just have to come up here and go shopping with me :)

    ReplyDelete