What does that have to do with the Ackermans, well. . . .
Yesterday, we put an offer on a house in Jackson. When went high on the asking price and knew that we had a solid offer. However, with today's announcement, we decided to retract our offer. This was very hard to do, especially since we've spent months of researching to buy the perfect house and knew that this one had the best opportunities awaiting us.
With P&G selling Pringles, Steve's job became very uncertain today. We know that he still has a job, but the uncertainty lies in the question of "Who will Steve work for?" In the agreement between the two companies, anyone hired on after April 5, 2010 has the option to remain with P&G (Steve is the only one in his department with this option and one of the few in the entire plant). So since he's a special case, no questions have been answered and probably won't be in the near future.
This is all we know:
Steve probably has the option to stay with P&G, if he stays with P&G he will (fingers crossed & prayers lifted) be placed in Cincinnati. However, there is the chance that he may be placed in another plant (the state of Utah was thrown around but I'm choosing to ignore that state for the time being). So with these options, chances are very high that we will be moving out of Jackson by the end of the year (we're leaning on this possibility but it's out of our hands & only God knows!).
Now, if Steve does not have option to stay with P&G, he'll remain at Pringles under Diamond Foods.
For now, it's a waiting game. A hiring manager should be contacting Steve with his options and things move on from there. But for now, we sit and wonder what tomorrow holds. However, we've decided it does not hold a new house in Jackson until we get some definite answers. We'd appreciate all prayers (especially about patience) on the above issues. God is in control. God is in control. God is in control. . .