Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good to Be Home

I got home to Jackson from Indiana on Saturday afternoon. I had stayed Friday night with an old roommate & her husband in Columbus. By staying at their place, I broke up my drive between Friday night (2 hours) and Saturday (5.5). My drive was uneventful (no more deer!); however, I almost ran out of gas (I had been watching it but couldn't find a gas station/fast food combo just off the interstate, I had to just go with what was available when the light went on).

I had hoped for a nice quiet Saturday evening with the possibility of getting a pizza or sandwhiches so I didn't have to make dinner. However, that turned out to be a pipe-dream. Steve was ready for his wife back and a home cooked meal. I decided to postpone that quiet, relaxing time and fulfill all those wifely duties Steve had missed.

I quickly unpacked my clothes and began my monstrous piles of laundry (over 15 loads). Steve was completely out of all those "necessary" clothing items -- ha! Since I had started the laundry, I decided to go ahead and pull out our winter clothes (which had been neatly packed into boxes in June when we thought we were transferring to other housing for our stay in Jackson) and begin to put away summer clothes.

Luckily, I had made a few quick meals and had frozen them before I left. My original plan behind those meals were for Steve to be able to have a "taste of home" while I was gone; however, he didn't use them (as I expected) and it made it nice to throw a quick meal together. After dinner, Steve and I went grocery shopping together.

Sunday involved more cooking, laundry, and unpacking more from my trip. I'm finally getting my relaxing time (which is why I'm blogging now). I've caught up on a lot of sleep that I didn't get while in Indiana and am finally feeling myself again. I enjoyed my time in Indiana (especially that subbing -- so much fun!) but it wasn't very restful. I tried to cram in visiting people (which I didn't do as much as I had planned in the beginning of the week) and had to take care of my sister & parents' house while they were gone (which is a feat in and of itself). Needless to say, I was tired from my trip and was glad to be back home to my quiet house with Steve. Although, now I'm looking forward to our move (which will probably be as chaotic as the Indiana trip) and especially to our new house!

It's still not official. We will be making our final decision at the end of this week. Today is a termite inspection. Tomorrow is a Radon and roof inspection. Once we hear back from all of those we will make our official decision. We'd appreciate prayer on the inspections and that God will make it clear if this is to be our house!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, that sounds like Steve...helpless without his Lindsey to take care of him! Glad you two are finally back together and glad that you had fun in IN. I'll be praying for you guys about the inspections, that it will be clear whether or not this is the house for you (and if it's not, that the right house will present itself right away). It was frustrating when we got bad news from our inspections on the Scottsville house, but now I see that God was using that to direct us to a much better situation in BG.

    ReplyDelete