Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Trip Complete!

My trip has gone as quickly as it came. The weather was way hotter than it usually is for October. So instead of wearing the jeans I had planned on wearing, I ended up wearing shorts and tees every day (good thing I threw in a couple pairs of shorts last minute!). The crowds were lower than I'm used to and had the weather been cooler, I probably would have to declare it the best time to go to Disney.

While we were there, we got to go to a Halloween party in the Magic Kingdom. We bought special tickets to the event that let us trick-or-treat around the Kingdom and collect candy. My family dressed up for the event. The three little girls were princesses (Cinderella, Ariel-in-the-wedding-dress, and Belle), Sara was Figaro, Amber was Snow White, Chris was Prince Charming, Dad was Sorceror Mickey, Mom was the Fairy Godmother, and I was Tinkerbell. We had a great time, and had several people stop us and talk to us about the costumes and even took pictures of us. There are pictures of our costumes, but I don't have them yet, so I will post them when I can!

Here is a picture of my costume. If you look closely, my hair is in fact yellow. I had a colored hair spray that I used. It turned my hair into a yellow brick! I was afraid of how it would do when I washed it, but it came right out without a problem. You can't tell by the picture, but my wings were quite large. I kept bumping in to people and things with them. Disney cast members were joking around with me about developing "Wing Awareness". When we rode on rides, I'd take them off, but other than that, they surprisingly stayed on!

I have a bazillion other stories from the trip, but can't think of any to share. All in all, I had a good time with my family. Sure there were times of drama, but I expected that going into the trip. I laughed a lot and made some great Disney memories to spur on my Disney craze.

My travel back to Tennessee was a new experience for me. Originally, I was supposed to fly from Orlando to Atlanta around 3:30, and then fly from Atlanta to Memphis at 9. My family had an earlier flight to Atlanta, so I did standby and got on the earlier flight. Steve looked up all the flights from ATlanta to Memphis for me, and I discovered an earlier flight (6:20). So when I got to Atlanta I went to talk to an Airtran representative. They sent me to a gate that was loading a flight to St. Louis. So I stood off to the side while the agents were working with all the other passengers for that flight. After they got that flight taken care of, I talked with an agent about my situation (I also forgot- I was never given my boarding pass for my connecting flight). So he said that he could get me onto the earlier flight and that he had bumped me to business (1st) class for being so polite and patient! Thanks mom & dad for teaching me good manners :).

No comments:

Post a Comment