Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dining Room

The dining room as probably been the easiest room to remodel. I painted it in one afternoon; although, I still need to freshen the trim paint and lower walls. The color will remain the same, it just needs to be redone. Here are some before and after pictures of the dining room.

BEFORE:


The previous paint color would fall into the category of "Kermit-The-Frog-Green". She used black and white accents to the bold color. There was also rug and cabinet hiding a stain on the floor.


The colors throughout the house were pretty dark. I liked the fact the dining room was green but it was too bold for our taste. I decided to repaint the room a lighter green.



AFTER:


Due to the lighting in the house, pictures always come out a little darker than what it appears in person. You'll just have to take my word that the room is much lighter than what it used to be. (Disregard paint/tools in corner)


I originally was looking for a orange/green plaid curtain. However, the one I found was too dark for the paint on the wall. My mom found this lighter, orange metallic curtain. I knew it was the right one when it had the exact green color in the striping!


On a whim, my sister suggested moving the piano into the dining room (it conveniently covers the stain on the floor). So far it's working and the piano has not been returned to the living room. (You'll have to disregard the stains on the ceiling, the camera makes it look worse than it is, and the "marks" on the wall are the reflection form the glass table).

I guess you'll just have to come check the room out for yourself. . .

2 comments:

  1. I Love LOVE the rug. Is that new?
    The painting looks great. Just would like to see all the views. I guess we will see that in February.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, sorry, I didn't explain well in the text. The first two pictures are of the previous owner's items. Sadly, we don't own that rug. I tried to post better angles of the dining room in the next post. But pictures just don't do this house justice. You'll have to wait another month!

    ReplyDelete