Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Crafts!

Two weeks ago, I was diligently working on making some more doll items with my serger & sewing machine.  I have a crafting room located in a sunroom/porch right off of our living room.  The weather has been too cold to sew in there, so I moved the table, chair, and machines into the living room for an entire week.  The little sewing heaven I created somehow managed to put a cramp in the entire house.  Over a week later, I finally cleaned it all up and got the house back into working order.  It's amazing how quickly stuff falls apart around here!

(Remember back in October when I blogged about working on Christmas crafts?  Well I don't either. . . ha!  While I was busy sewing in Lima, my sister assembled all the desks & chairs back home in Indiana.  I had completely forgotten all about this project.  Good thing I blog to help me remember!)

(Each of the 3 Adams nieces has a bitty baby  -- and after this Christmas, they'll each have an American Girl, too!  My sister found a real Bitty Baby diaper bag -- all the way on the right-- but wasn't able to find one for each girl.  I found a pattern online to recreate the bag and made 2 more!  I debated on just making 3, but it didn't happen.  The oldest niece will get the original, she can choose if she wants a "Zee made" bag in the future.)

(Since Emily, the oldest niece, doesn't get a handmade bag, I decided to make her a couple of dresses for her dolls.  These dresses were tricky because I didn't have a pattern.  I just made it up based on dresses I have for my dolls.  Not too bad!)

(Another dress whipped up out of thin air.  I had a pattern for a shirt and just extended the bottom to make it a dress.  Ironically, this little dress was made from a bad bridesmaid dress. )

(For the littlest niece -- my brother's daughter -- I made her a little apron and chef's hat to go along with her kitchen playset.  Her mom is quite the chef and really into cooking, so I figured her little helper needs to look official!)

No comments:

Post a Comment