Monday, May 13, 2013

It's A . . .




We found out this afternoon that we are having a little baby girl!  She will fit right in with her other 4 girl cousins, haha!  We of course are excited to finally know what we're having so we can prepare for our little girl!  Up first is finally getting to finish the nursery.  We're still finalizing the theme we're going to go with and the colors. 

The most important thing for us was finding out that baby is healthy. She measured right on track and everything looks great.  There was some concern over a possible issue with her feet, but our doctor assured us that he just thinks it was her positioning.  All during the ultrasound, she had her feet tucked up under her "Indian Style".  She stretched out a couple of times, and when she did her feet looked normal.  So for now we're putting that worry at the back of our minds (if there is an issue, it's a small one that can be dealt with once she's born).  

Now for the hard part, picking out a name.  We have been throwing random names out for awhile.  There's a couple that we sort of agree on, but nothing is really sticking out yet.  We both see that there will be plenty of time before we have to really pick one out.  As of now, I don't think we plan on sharing the name until baby is here.  But we'll worry about that when we have a name chosen.

Oh, and baby girl is a mover!  About a week or so, I had started to feel little twitches and weird sensations that I assumed were baby.  Well now she is making her presence known!  Many times throughout the day I feel her twisting, thumping, kicking, having a party, etc.  I'm not sure what she's doing, but I do know I feel it!  Steve was lucky enough one night to feel her thump a few times.  It's still pretty light.  I don't know if I'm ready for the big kicks and punches.  Her little bumps and nudges already can be cumbersome.  I know that all those little bumps just mean she's happy and growing and I couldn't ask for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment