Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dining Room Trim

The Dining Room trim, as well as the dining room, has finally been completed.  Just like in the living room, the trim was in pretty rough condition.  The floor trim especially; it was full of dirt, dings, and scratches.  Now it is freshly painted, with straight lines, and matches the trim in the living room.  I also painted the lower section of the wall the same color as the trim.

The trim & lower wall before being repainted:





 The trim & lower wall being painted:



The trim & lower wall after being repainted:





When painting the trim, I have to do the ceiling trim, too.  This involves me standing on a step-stool and painting above my head.  I have to crane my neck and can only do so much at a time.  Now that the dining room is finished, the foyer is next on the list.  It's going to be quite intensive because the ceilings are so tall and there's a lot of it.  I want it to remain the same color, so I have to color-match, which may take some time.

1 comment: