Saturday, July 10, 2010

Job Search

I have had many people ask me the same question, "How's the job search going?" So I thought I would answer everyone's curiosity with one simple blog post. Well I am still waiting on my Indiana license. I discovered (with the help of a very close friend!) that I had not officially applied for my license. Purdue had sent all the paper work in; however, I was unaware that I had to send some money in to get the paperwork processed. Well the money has been sent and my IN license should arrive in the next couple of weeks.

Once I have my Indiana license, I can apply for a TN license. I have already started the paperwork and requesting the appropriate information from Purdue. I want to have all the paperwork ready to go the minute my IN license arrives in the mail. Once I've sent off the TN paperwork, I can turn in the bazillion applications I have stacked up.

I have done lots of research on the local schools. I live in Madison County which doesn't have the best public school system. Apparently, as a teacher in the public school system, you must be prepared to be cussed at and/or assaulted on a daily basis -- not so much my cup of tea. Luckily, we live really close to Gibson County which has a great public school system and the need for teachers. Although, there aren't a huge need for Social Studies teachers. Hopefully some will retire in the next month and more positions will open!

In researching the public schools, I have discovered that there are quite a few "special school districts". I haven't really figured out what that means, other than that they're within the counties but are its own corporation. I will be filling out a total of 10 teaching applications, 3 sub applications, and a secretary application ( I figured I might as well try for anything just to get into a school).

Why look for a job and give up on living the dream of sleeping in, being home all day, and not having a care in the world? Well, the deal is that we will get a 2nd car when I get a job. So, I guess if I want to get out of the house, I have to come up with a reason to be out of the house. Plus, how else am I gonna pay for all those trips back and forth from Indiana?

1 comment: