Thursday, July 15, 2010

Same Old Thing. . .

I haven't blogged in a couple days because I've had nothing to blog about. Steve's going on his 3rd week of work. You can only clean your house so many times in a day (and without a car and no place to go) there's not much I do during the day. I try to keep some project going, but that only entertains me for so long. I've been working on a cross-stitch pattern I started when I was younger and never finished.

Front landscaping is almost completely weeded. I got a hibiscus tree to go along with the two hibiscus bushes I added to the previous bushes. I literally have a square foot patch to finish weeding; however, it is home to a toad family and they kind of freak me out. So I'm hoping they'll "hop along" in the next couple days realizing their weed patch is gone.

The previous tenants gave us a mower; unfortunately, it decided to not work when they gave it to us. We got a new sparkplug, but it was a no go. So we ending up buying a new lawn mower. We've lived here for almost 4 weeks and haven't mowed the yard once! The yard is made up of mostly weeds and no grass, so growth is pretty slow. Steve started the yard project last night, but it was way too hot and muggy to complete the job, so he has to finish that up tonight.

When our lives get more exciting, I will blog on a more steady basis. If you are related to me and reading this, congratulations because you're one of the few! I just found out this week that my family knows about my blog but don't read out. So thanks loyal readers who care about our life in Tennessee :).

No comments:

Post a Comment