Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Change in Routine


It's 11:30pm and I'm waiting on Steve to get home. He's been training at the plant during 2nd shift so he doesn't get home till past midnight. First couple nights I tried to go to bed before he got home; however, I found it hard to sleep until he got home (maybe it had something to do with that unplanned nap at 6pm...).

I got some furniture from Target that arrived right after we returned from our detour to IN. While unpacking I came upon some gift cards from the wedding that I thought I had used, but apparently hadn't! What a nice little home-warming gift! First I put together a lamp, which a piece got jammed and I got frustrated; however, Steve was able to fix the problem. I also got two bedside tables that were AWFUL to put together!!! It took me about 2 hours to put them together. If it weren't for the fact that they matched the bed nicely, I probably would have taken them back.

I also got the Ikea furniture put together and the office organized and functioning. My list of "house projects" is quickly dwindling! All I have left on the list is curtains to go around the house. Just have to find the right ones, or the right fabric and I'll make my own.

Here are some pictures of the furniture additions:



























In a few days, I will be making another trip to Indiana to help my friend as well as be in her wedding next weekend! The plan was for me to drive to IN on Monday (returning my parents' car) and he would drive up Friday after work. Well, that Friday is his last 3-midnight shift, meaning if he were to get off work and drive straight in to IN, he would arrive 9am Saturday morning. The wedding starts at 1:30 and he needs sleep in there somewhere. So we're not really sure on his plan yet... we're playing that one by ear. For those of you who know me, I am not a spontaneous person and I have everything planned out, so not knowing his arrival for next weekend will drive me crazy. Oh well, I guess I have to learn to trust God in all situations (no matter how small they are!)

No comments:

Post a Comment