Monday, July 2, 2012

Where did June go?

I'm still trying to play catch up on blog posts for the month of June.  Maybe it was having 2 procedures in the middle of June, but for some reason June just flew by!  So here's wrapping up a quick month:

My birthday falls right in the middle of June on the 17th, which just so happened to be Father's Day this year!  We were able to spend the weekend with my parents and got to celebrate all weekend long.  After a bridal shower for my bestest friend, we went to dinner for my birthday on Saturday evening (bestest friend included -- thanks Meg!).  We wrapped up the celebratory weekend with a cookout for Father's Day after church on Sunday.

(Even after 25 years, I'm still a Daddy's Girl.  I don't know if that is because my birthday always falls around father's day, or if it's the fact that I have an AWESOME dad.)

(Let me tell you what, this guy earned HUGE points for my birthday.  Not only did he surprise me with a gardening bucket as a gift (which I had mentioned I needed but had completely forgot about), but he organized my birthday dinner to Chili's & he surprised me with a homemade Red Velvet Cake (which is my favorite!).  He and my dad went to great lengths to make the cake while I was at the bridal shower.  Their tactics included hiding all the dishes and ingredients so I didn't see them in the sink or trash, febreezing the house so I didn't smell the cake, and hiding the cake until late in the evening (building up my frustration without a cake).  I have deemed him the official cake maker in the family.  Thanks Dear!)


(I had to throw this picture in, I know it's not the best, but one can never get a dog and baby to both cooperate in a picture.  While we were home for my birthday weekend, my parents were dog-sitting for my sister Amber while they were on vacation and they were babysitting for my brother's daughter Charlotte.)

I should also share that in the month of June I got to have 2 special visits with my Mom!  She came for both of my procedures and took care of me just like when I was little.  Not only did she take care of me, but she helped out around the house with dishes and dinner.  But the best part of her coming, was just being able to hang out with my best friend.  We snuck in some shopping trips (thanks for the swimsuit mom!), saw a movie (in the theater!), lunch date with the neighbor, and lots of talking and shenanigans.  Thanks mom for coming and taking care of me, but I agree, the next visit should not coincide with me having procedures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment